Thursday, March 15, 2012

Teaching Philosophy

I believe teaching children is an honor. Every child is unique with great potential for development intellectually, emotionally and physically. It is my desire as an educator to help students achieve their potential in these three areas as they advance.

In my practicum experience, I have had the opportunity of creating an atmosphere where the students have experienced a safe environment of learning. They were willing to risk, connect with their classmates through talk and argument, move beyond their usual comfort zone, accept feedback from peers, and experience learning which motivated them to apply higher level thinking.

As a teacher, I believe my role is two-fold: first, to provide opportunity for continual learning and growth for the students I teach and second, for me to actively participate in continual learning and growth. I place high value on compassion, respect, diversity, effort, and community. I look forward to the future and working with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment